As soon as you start publishing stuff on photography, there will be those who want to know “What are you using?” This section attempts to answer that question.
The short answer – “Whatever works.”
Photography current roster (March 2019):
Pentax K5-IIx dSLR (16 megapixel, APS-C CMOS sensor)
Pentax K5 dSLR (16 megapixel, APS-C CMOS sensor)
Pentax K-01 (mirrorless, 16 megapixel, APS-C CMOS sensor)
Pentax Q (mirrorless, 12 megapixel CMOS sensor)
- Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4
- Pentax DA-L 50-200mm f/4-5.6 WR
- Pentax DA 21mm f/3.2 “Limited”
- Pentax M 100mm f/4.0
- Pentax FA-J 75-300mm f/4.5-f/5.8
- Rokinon 85mm f/1.4
- Tamron 500mm-SP f/8
- Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-f/6.3 Macro HSM
- Sigma 50-500mm f/4-f/6.3
- Meade ETX-90 OTA (effectively 1250mm f/12)
- Celestron C-5 OTA (effectively 900mm f/6.3)
- Pentax Q 02 lens 5-15mm f/2.8-4
- Pentax Q 06 lens 15-45mm f/2.8
- Pentax AF-360 flash
- Calumet Gemini 200 monoblock
- Several little A/C strobes
- Manfrotto 3221 tripod legs
- Sirui N-1004KX tripod legs
- Manfrotto monopod w/ MVA50A leg kit
- Manfrotto 486rc2 ballhead
- Manfrotto 488rc2 ballhead
- Manfrotto 393 large-lens sling mount
- Manfrotto swivelhead (on the monopod)
- Pentax GPS unit
- Impact Lightstands and umbrellas
- Pentax K-1000
- Pentax ME
- Vivitar 70-210mm f/3.5 lens for Pentax K mount
- Pentax M 50mm f/2.0
- Minolta Autocord-L TLR (6x6cm)
Computer equipment roster (July 2018) (partial):
QUADMAN – Intel DP55WB, Intel i5-750 2.67 Ghz, 8 GB, 2.5 TB storage on two spindles (480 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD), nVidia GeF 610
OCTOBOX – Shuttle XPC, Intel i7-3770K 3 GHz, 24 GB, 3.5 TB storage on three spindles (512 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD), ATI FirePro v2100
SMALLMAN – Intel D510MO, Intel Atom D510 1.67 GHz, 4 GB, 500 GB
SPAREPARTZ – ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU, Intel Core2 E7600 3.06 GHz, 4 GB, 500 GB
RoughNote (Lenovo 11e 20ED) and TinyNote (Toshiba U205-S5044) continue service as the portable systems. Both are running Windows 10 v1803. TinyNote will be a teenager (thirteen years in service) as of November 3, 2018.
Dell U2413 monitor is used for color-critical work on OCTOBOX – full 30-bit color workflow. Additional monitors are Dell U2407WFP (24-bit PVA), and Samsung U28E510D (30-bit 4k TN).
Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite, XRite i1 DisplayPro, Datacolor SpyderPrint, ddisoftware ProfilePrism.
Epson ET-3600 (4-color), Epson R-2400 (8-color inkjet).
Loads of networking gear (6 routers, 3 switches), various APC UPS units (4), some of the oldest still operating ZeroSurge surge eliminators (5), and all the other bits which make it all work. Most of the time.